Monday, October 27, 2008

The Blogger Style Icons
Part Six, Maria

Finally, it's time for another one of "The Blogger Style Icons" interviews, and this time it's none other than the gorgeous Maria from Vanilla Scented. Maria's style is something that many people think is easy to copy because it's simple with a lot of basic clothing and few accessories, but in reality it's one of the hardest styles to pull off because in addition to the laidback and chic clothing, you also need to have a lot of charm and a kind of x-factor. This is no problem for Maria because she has style, charm and x-factor to the maximum! This girl is truly inspirational and she is an excellent style blogger. So if you want to learn from her, just keep on reading...


Describe your everyday style
I like to play with many styles so it varies from day to day. Some days I'm all sweet in florals, and the other day I'll be all black with heavy boots and a leather jacket. But to sum it all up, my style is simple, laidback and chic :)

Describe your party style
I usually go for an eyecathing one-piece. Or...I don't know. I think that many of the styles I wear everyday are worn to parties too!


What kind of accessories do you use? Does it differ from your everyday style to your party style?
Hats and can I say high heels..? They are my fave accessories. It doesn't differ. Right now I'm in this period where I don't use a lot of jewelry. Simplicity is the keyword. But, if I do, I like to wear one piece at a time. A bold piece, for example a statement necklace or a huge ring. I like Givenchy's goldchain necklaces though, the ones you've seen on every blog these days.

Where do you find your inspiration?
Mostly from other bloggers. But also the catwalk, streetstyle, celebrities, models' everyday style, movies, my mood, the weather and so on. Everywhere actually.

Favourite designers
ChloƩ, Alexander Wang, Stella McCartney, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Acne and so on.


Favourite style icons
Mary Kate :) Hehe of course. She always looks effortlessly chic. And Gala Gonzalez, Alma, Karoline and Carolina. Some of my favourite blogs.

Favourite places to shop
There's nothing better than finding vintage treasures on ebay/vintage stores.

Favourite piece of clothing
A blazer. Makes you look chic at once.


Favourite pair of shoes
This fall it's the black studded ankle boots from ChloƩ. Drool.

Favourite accessory
Hats.

Best shopping tip
Search everywhere. Brand, store and price has nothing to say. Vintage stores are the best. What's better than having a unique piece?

Best styling tip
Don't try too hard. Remember that fashion is fun, and you should buy and wear the clothes that make YOU feel great! It's good to be updated in the fashion world, but you don't have to follow each trend to look good :)

Ps. I know that I've not been very good at replying to your comments. I want you all to know that I appreciate every single one of your them A LOT!! I will reply to them all as soon as I have the time :)

2 comments: