Monday, February 28, 2011

Cate Blanchett in Givenchy Couture S/S 2011

Cate Blanchett in a haute couture gown by Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy was one of the best matches of the evening. Back in late January, I fell head over heels in love with this couture collection as the detailing is absolutely exquisite. This "Tao" dress was one of my favourites. The reason why is because of the lavender and yellow teamed together (such a fresh and exciting combination!) and the contrast between the tough and bold shoulders and the delicate details and fabric.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Alongside my immense hope of seeing an Elie Saab gown last night, I was also hoping to see some Givenchy couture. And I am so happy that Cate was the one to make the bold fashion statement as she is the perfect woman for such dresses. She really lifted the level of fashion last night, and I adore her so much doing that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Source: TFS

No comments:

Post a Comment