Monday, February 28, 2011

Natalie Portman in Rodarte 

I would like to end this Oscar-filled day here at Style Spot with the star of the evening; the most beautiful Natalie Portman. Rumour has it that she was planning to wear a Dior gown, but decided to change because of Galliano being arrested last week. Instead, she wore this plum coloured gown by the Mulleavy sisters at Rodarte. Even though Natalie looked stunning in this colour, I can't help but think what the rumoured Dior gown looked like. I just have this feeling that it would have brought a much greater wow-factor, but I do understand her choice of not wearing Dior.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Last night, was Natalie's moment. And she deserved every bit of it. She was the favourite to win the Oscar for "Actress in a leading role", and I was one of those rooting for her, desperately hoping that she would win. I loved her speech a lot as she was so sweet and genuine. Congratulations Natalie! I was also very happy to see Colin Firth win "Actor in a leading role" - I have had this thing for him ever since I saw him dive into the pond in Pride & Prejudice (and I know I'm not the only one!).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Also, I am very curious to learn who you think was the best dressed of the evening. For me, it was Mila Kunis in Elie Saab. If your favourite is not on the list below, please let me know who you liked instead.

Who had the best Oscar dress?
Mila Kunis
Gwyneth Paltrow
Cate Blanchett
Hailee Steinfeld
Jennifer Lawrence
Michelle Williams
Natalie Portman
Others
  
pollcode.com free polls

No comments:

Post a Comment