Wednesday, August 20, 2008

THE BLOGGER STYLE ICONS


Ah yes, the blogger style icons. Don't we just love them?! The blogosphere is filled with blogs where people from all around the world post their outfits and inspire thousands of others. I don't think that I'm only speaking for myself when I say that some of these style bloggers are truly fascinating and that their outfits are one of my big main sources for inspiration when I get dressed.


I have spoken to quite a few bloggers who are referred to as blogger style icons and who have made it big with their style. Throughout this autumn I will regularly post these interviews where they talk about their style, how they themselves get inspired and you will even get a few inside tips from your favourite style bloggers.


PART ONE, ERIKA


First up is the lovely Erika from the blog Fashion Chalet. Erika started blogging January 2008, and now, 7 months later, her blog attracts a huge amount of people who go there to see her latest creations. She is extremely versatile in the way she dresses, something that makes her stand out in a crowd and makes her truly original.



Describe your everyday style
It's casual, yet somewhat feminine. I love simple accessories as well as vintage finds. My collection of handbags, dresses and heels continue to grow.


Describe your party style
I love cocktail, above the knee, dresses. I also really like floaty tops and platforms with skinny leg pants/denim.




What kind of accessories do you use the most? Does it differ from your everyday style to your party style?
For everyday, I usually just wear what I already have on, my nameplate bracelet, evil eye charm and earrings that have been given to me for birthday or Christmas presents. Right now I have on my heart-shaped birthstone earrings (sapphire). For parties, I may amp it up a notch, with more bangles, necklaces or larger earrings. But before leaving the house, I always remove one piece of accessory. Less is more.

Best styling tip
Wear what fits you. If you don't like it once it's on, it won't magically look great when you get home either.

Favourite designer(s)
Marc Jacobs' Marc by Marc line. Stella McCartney, Chanel, Vera Wang, Oleg Cassini, Miu Miu Lanvin and Givenchy.






Favourite styleicon(s)
Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Kate Moss and Frankie Rayder.

Where do you get your inspiration from?
I pull from old Hollywood, I love modern day candid/street style as well... Nicole Richie, Rachel Bilson, Vanessa Traina and FaceHunter. I also really like getting inspired from other blogs, magazines, movies and music. Sometimes I'll even inspire myself when trying to piece a look together. I find that style, is about being yourself and letting that shine through. Have fun with it. For me, everyday is a game of dress up. I never know who I will be next.

Favourite piece of clothing
Used to be my jeans, now it's my dresses.




Favourite pair of shoes
Anything ladylike (I am addicted to pretty shoes).


Favourite accessory
I love bracelets and rings.


Favourite place(s) to shop?
Vintage, Forever 21, Nordstrom and Barneys.

Best shopping tip
Go with an idea in mind and a set budget. There will always be things you see and feel you want, but don't necessarily need. Save for the things you must absolutely own!





Images: http://fashionchalet.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment