Tuesday, August 26, 2008

THE BLOGGER STYLE ICONS
PART TWO, SILJE

Today I give you part deux of the interviews with the blogger style icons, and this time it's the gorgeous Silje from Silje's Fashion. Silje is a journalist, stylist and personal shopper, and I think that no-one will disagree with me when I say that this woman definitely knows what she's doing. She is so creative when it comes to her clothes combinations, and I think that each of her outfits tell a little story. Just check it out yourself.



Describe your everyday style
My everyday style is a mixture of laidback 70s style and rock chic.


Describe your party style
For parties I like to get dressed up and take it all out. Long 70s maxidresses, jumpsuits and 50s dresses are my favorites on the dancefloor.


What kind of accessories do you use the most? Does it differ from your everyday style to your party style?
My must have accessories are my diamond wedding rings, my gold bangles and a large watch(that I usually borrow from my husband). For night I bring extra bangles and either a costume necklace or earrings. I believe in a few statement pieces that are "you" and shows your personality.




Best styling tip
A scarf gives instant style. So does jewelry and a pair of killer heels. Black, leopard, snakeskin, silver or gold shoes never go out of fashion.


Favourite designer(s)
Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Yves Saint Laurent, Anna Sui, Gucci, Halston and Biba.


Favourite style icon(s)
Chloe Sevigny, Carrie Bradshaw, Jane Birkin, Edie Sedgwick, Ali McGraw and tons of bloggergirls, who loves to experiment with different looks.




Where do you get your inspiration from?
Everywhere!! Girls on the street, in a fabric store, bloggers, online, fashion mags, editorials, catwalk shows, vintage shopping and at the market and in our apartment. I also get very inspired by movies! Love Story, Rear Window, The Birds, Sex and the City (+ the series), Bonnie & Clyde and Saturday Night Fever are some of my favourites.


Favourite piece of clothing
I collect vintage dresses, but I also love jeans for their versatility.



Favourite pair of shoes
Just one is impossible, but I would say it changes after seasons. You can never have to many shoes!


Favourite accessory
That would be my wedding rings, they mean so much to me. I also collect vintage bracelets and have many that I use over and over again. I believe that you should strive to love the things you buy. Classics like Chanel 2.55, a Hermes Scarf or a Kenneth Jay Lane bracelet, never goes out of style. You can wear them from one season to another and they "are" what defines your style. That said, its not necessary to spend a lot of money to get individual style. Style comes when you play around and have fun with fashion. My experience is that a red lipstick or a cool piece of costume jewelry like a brooch, goes a long way.




Favourite places to shop
I love to shop, but my favorites are Ebay, small vintage shops, huge malls like Nordstroms and Gallery Lafayette. H&M and Forever 21 are also cheap favorites. I love to go shopping when I am on vacation, because you can find so many great local treasures, like unique jewelry and brands not available were I live.


Best shopping tip
If you hit the sales, go early and buy quality items. If you are shopping flea markets, go early in the first day and late in the last days, as you can get different kinds of bargains, depending on what you are looking for.



Images: http://www.siljesfashion.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment