Sunday, August 24, 2008

ditch the skinny, hitch up with the boyfriend

I am a great big fan of streetstyle photos, and a site I often visit is Stockholm Streetstyle. There's no denying that the Swedes sure do know how to dress with pure perfection. When I was browsing through this site on Friday morning, my eyes quickly settled on this photo:



I wish I could look as laidback and chic as this girl from Sweden. She's got all the best essentials to create a great outfit, wearing a jacket from Minimarket, a Balenciaga bag, shoes from Nine West and not to mention her ex-boyfriend's ripped jeans. When I saw this outfit, my thoughts immediately flew to the likes of Rachel Bilson and Katie Holmes, who have both been wearing the rolled up boyfriend jeans a lot lately. I think they look great, and these jeans are perfect for days when you want to look relaxed, but you still want to show that you have made an effort. And if you wear the boyfriend jeans, you signal that "Hey, I've got a super cool boyfriend who lets me borrow his jeans whenever I want to!"...whether you actually have a boyfriend or not. I wonder if Rachel is wearing Hayden's jeans? I can definitely picture him being that super cool boyfriend who lets Rachel borrow his clothes. But I think we all can agree that the ones Katie's wearing aren't teeny tiny Tom's jeans.


What's your take on the boyfriend jeans? Will you be ditching the skinny for the boyfriend any time soon?

Images: JustJared, Stockholm Streetstyle

No comments:

Post a Comment